Friday, June 3, 2011

Five Words Friday

Back to my favorite day to post... or at least one of them!

Rest ~ refreshing ease or inactivity after exertion or labor; to refresh oneself, as by sleeping,  lying down, or relaxing.

Psalm 16:7-9
7 I will bless the Lord, Who has given me counsel; yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons.

8 I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my glory [my inner self] rejoices; my body too shall rest and confidently dwell in safety,



 Peace ~ a. in a state or relationship of nonbelligerence or concord; not at war.

             b. untroubled; tranquil; content.

             c. deceased.

.Psalm 4:8

In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust.


Abundant ~ present in great quantity; more than adequate; oversufficient

Genesis 12:2
And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you [with abundant increase of favors] and make your name famous and distinguished, and you will be a blessing [dispensing good to others].




Lamentations 3:22-23
 It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness.

Worthy ~  having adequate or great merit, character, or value: a worthy successor.


Proverbs 12:4
A virtuous and worthy wife [earnest and strong in character] is a crowning joy to her husband, but she who makes him ashamed is as rottenness in his bones. [Prov 31:23; I Cor 11:7 ]

Psalm 18:3
I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Awe ~  an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, fear etc., produced by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful, or the like

Psalm 33:8

Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

No comments: