Thursday, July 26, 2012

Needed: Words

Funny I never thought I'd say I needed words and yet its really not what you think. Often times I find myself speaking when its not necessary or not speaking when I really should. Being a wife and mother is on the top of my list of things I do daily, and you know that is the two areas I need words less! You see many years ago God gave me a Word for my heart, a way for me to grow. It was simply this: "Stop!" "Wait!" "Listen!" "Act!" What stuck out to me in that word was not one did God say speak! Don't misunderstand me I talk plenty and I believe it is needed in many areas. I also believe that for some not talking is the biggest area we need to work on! Not doing something you are good at it can be the toughest thing and somehow when you past the test it is a breath of fresh air! Here are a few of my examples where I am learning not to speak: Rather than a harsh word over a spilt cup, a helping hand goes a long way! Instead of giving your opinion of the difficult situation, a hug or an ear to listen is often more effective! After a long day at work, my hubby is more helpful if when I'm asked "how was your day?" I simply say, "Good" and have supper ready! My two teen boys rarely want my advice, and I believe now more than ever the stop,wait,listen,act principle will benefit my nurturing skills more than ever as they spread their wings! So you see I'm am in need of words, just the few words at the right time, not the many that come when none shoulda be spoken at all! Keep in mind this Word was given to me ...MANY, years ago and yet here I am again still learning the simple things! A very dear friend of mine, who recently went to heaven, once shards with me that in all years of ministry she never went a day without learning something! My hopes are I'm that way too! By far perfect, loved by a perfect God!

No comments: