Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Early to Rise?

I have been trying for over a month to get up earlier than the kids and still to no avail I am not! I have ALWAYS been a night owl and love my sleep... I just need to make a few adjustments! I want to have at least an hr to myself before kids awake and before I start the full day of managing a house of 9!
I am praying that soon I will see it as a need and not as just something that is so flexible! On nights that we have things to do I am even more in a struggle to get up and get moving!
John gets up every morning by 5 at least and I wish I could see him off to work.. maybe even start to fix him breakfast?! If you know my husband he does not ask very much of me at any time... this is just an idea I am seeing as one that really needs to happen!
I know for a fact my days run more smoothly when I do get up for whatever reason! So why,I ask is it not easier to motivate myself? I can see how so many get up and get moving... I think for sure whenI start moving I will begin to see a difference!
In fact... starting today I am going to start a challenge to myself... I am going to get up no later than 7 am every morning for at least 6 months! If in this time I do not notice a difference in my family and my experiences as a mom I will give up on doing it anymore! I will give in to the fact that I love sleep and not try this for a very long time! I am betting that in 6 months time I will adjust and grow to love being ahead on my day!
I will check in here through text every morning to see if truly I have been up and update on my progress daily! Keep checking in on me and any encouragement is WELCOME!

No comments: