Thursday, August 18, 2011

Can you Relate?


Today our power was out for several hours and I found myself relating to my children in new ways... Strange as it may seem ... Even as a mom of 7 there are things about children I have yet to learn!

The picture above is a wallpaper offered by our church and it is the  background on my phone... It reminds me daily we are here in this world to relate to people to show them that looking past our outward appearances we too have our faults and imperfections!

So often I feel like I fail as a mom, as a friend, as a wife.. no one else ever feels like that right! See I am far from perfect... Just ask my kids!

Even so as far from perfect as I am I learn daily from mistakes and keep trying again to do better! I rely on scripture and prayer to get me through the times when I feel like I may not be able to go on! God is my refuge and strength!

As a mom I know there are times when I need to step back and breathe... A cluttered house or dirty clothes piled high or dishes yet to be washed ... In no way mean I do not love my children... In fact they mean I've taken the time to read books with the baby growing fast or play games with the teen who'll soon be off to college!

God takes time for me so why shouldn't I? As much time as I need I strive to give each of my children double what I give myself in a week... They are precious to me!

Can you Relate to me? Can you Relate to the mom with the screaming baby in Walmart? Can you Relate to your children? Find someone you can Relate to today and share your heart! Remember God can always Relate to you!
Sent from my HTC Inspire™ 4G on AT&T

No comments: