Friday, January 28, 2011

A New Discovery!

Micah is now 13 and that alone has been hard for me to grasp...now he is going to his first DNOW weekend! I remember how much we packed into a weekend and how much I grew closer to God! I hope this is the same for him and and that he enjoys making new friends and learning!
Not sure what this weekend has in store.. turns out there is no Upwards game for the kids... not a bad thing! Levi does not really understand that his birthday is only one day.. guess that can be a good thing... so we will probably be squeezing in something for him!
There are so many things that we always need done or want done and yet they never seem to get accomplished and yet my life goes on! Funny how that works, huh! As messy as my house is or a few of things I get marked off my to do list my children still grow and learn... Those moments I can never get back! I'd rather sit on unfolded clothes om my bedroom floor and read a book to my 18 month old than push her off to fold them and spend countless hrs teaching her to read at the age of 8. This lesson I have learned all to well in real life experience!
My not so quiet moments of 3 or 4 kids in my bed after hubby's left for work remind me that in just a few short years they won't come anymore as the older ones have. Soon I will wish they did come and then it might be too late!
Lesson for today... Children grow, your house can wait, cherish every little moment for soon they turn into big ones with your 13 yr old going away for the weekend!

1 comment:

Samantha's Photography and life said...

John rusell and titus and grace should come hang out with MEHH!!(: lol