Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Be Willing!

To be willing you need to be available! I ask my kids to do so much sometimes and really all I want is a willing heart! Over the years I have learned that no one will clean like I want it cleaned and really that is okay! There is NO WAY that I alone could ever do all it takes to run a family of 9!  All the women who think I am some sort of Superwoman... If you only knew how much I choose to delegate out to the other hands in my house! We work as a family... laundry, dishes, picking up a room... all of these are included in the chores they pick from daily!
As I said before I look for a willing heart first and foremost! SO what if I have to re mop the floor after the 8yr old did her best or if I must rewash a plate or a cup before I use it!
Willingness is something I wish I could reward every time I saw in any child anywhere! So often I find myself unwilling to cook supper, unwilling to teach for the day or unwillling to even be a mom! Does that mean I check out and not do it... certainly not... I must change my attitude and do what needs to be done!
Often I will ask a child to do something and when they say no I will quietly go to the next to find one who will( I have an unusually large selection) and when I do find one I will reward them! Of course the others fuss and say I would have done it if you gave me something too... yes but you see the reward came with the willing heart!
In every day life I see attributes or characteristics in each of my children that unmistakeably comes from me! These are the areas that often I have to work hardest to change on myself and thus how must I expect my children to change them with ease!
For today I leave with you this thought... place on your children the level of willingness you have for anything! (age appropiate of course)! This is NOT something I have mastered! Today I am striving to remember what Blessings I have been given!

No comments: