Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday Tussels

I tossed up the idea of doing school today... I really needed to finish laundry though and so I have! I also managed to reorganize our vast dvd assortment for the hundredth time I think and this time I moved it closer to my viewing so when one is watched it has to be put back before another can be taken! Let's hope this works!

 My oldest and I constantly butt heads and mostly over the simplest things... today I had a heart to to heart with him and used the example of (   ) this is your bad qualities and (                                                                        ) this is your good qualities! I think it finally made him realize there is more to himself than the things he sees wrong! I also shared a little tidbit with him that even at almost 35 I am still learning to know when to speak and when not to speak. For the first time in a very long time I fell like he actually heard me! I will not say I made it through the day perfect...in fact I made a few big mistakes though in the end we ended up with good results! So often I see only my bad qualities too and really in reality I need to learn to look on the bright side so to speak!

Ever heard a woman say " I wish I was a better mom! " In a sense she is really saying I have so much to learn! I am most defintely in need of being a better mom! I still have so much to learn and so much more to give up! Being selfish is not an option when you are a mom... being wise is! By this I mean it is NOT selfish to take time for yourself.. however if you are taking time every five minutes... you may need to re-think your priorities!  I am speaking from my heart to anyone who may ready this measely little blog!  I am so far from perfect ... in fact I do not even like to hear the word perfect... I will never get there nor do I ever intend to, what would I learn next if I did?!

God has so much in store for every mom .. whether you have one or ten under your roof or in your heart.. God has a purpose for every child he has given you!

Today, on this Tuesday in April I have seen so many imperfections on myself and also so many good qualities! Take time today and notice all the Good things God has given you!

No comments: