Friday, April 29, 2011

Five Words Friday

Knee ~ Anatomy . the joint of the leg that allows for movement between the femur and tibia and is protected by the patella; the central area of the leg between the thigh and the lower leg.

.Isaiah 35:3 Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees.

.Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
 
I chose the word Knee for obvious reasons... I am fighting a knee problem. In my experience we often fight areas on our body that seem to affect us the most on our spiritual walk... thus my choosing to look specifically on wortds of the body today!

Heart ~ Anatomy . a hollow, pumplike organ of blood circulation, composed mainly of rhythmically contractile smooth muscle, located in the chest between the lungs and slightly to the left and consisting of four chambers.

.Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.

Psalm 147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.

 My heart has recently become a focal point of my prayer life. Selfish you say.. maybe however it controls so much of my body function and for it to be controlled by a piece of machine is a miracle itself! It is not a problem too small or too big for God to fix!

.Revelation 17:17

For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

The Bible has almost 900 Scriptures speaking about the heart!

Eye ~ the organ of sight

Psalm 119:18 

Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.

Some say the eyes are the window to the soul! My eyes are beyond precious to me after having been without my sight at different times in my life. How precious is it when God chooses to show us something?!

Ear ~ the organ of hearing

Job 34:3 For the ear trieth words, as the mouth tasteth meat.

.Revelation 2:29
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Many who know me know I love Sign Language ! This is a language I adapted as a child and am still learning as an adult! This is near and dear to my heart as it often allows me to be silent and use my ears to hear what it is God is trying to tell me!

Feet ~ a plural of foot.

Psalm 119:105

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Though I do not suffer from feet problems I know that so often when our feet are alligned in any sense we are on the right path! When our feet go awry we often find ourselves tripping or even falling! This is true is any sense Spiritual or Physical!

No comments: