Monday, April 11, 2011

Making Changes!

    Mondays come with many things to do! Seems like it often takes me a whole day to recover from a weekend.. this week we were gone for 3 days so even more so! Camping for a month would be more like my style! I say that because if I am going to go to the trouble to pack up stuff for a family of 9 then why not just go all out?!
    This weekend I was able to see how much my kids like spending time with me and more time than I am actually giving! Yes I admit I am not perfect in spending time with my kids. Often I have seen teaching them and providing for them all as a burden and in the recent months I have found a new Joy in all the little things that have to be done.
    I will be the first to tell you though that if given the choice of doing a craft with the kids or reading a book to them over washing dishes or cleaning house I'll do the former everytime! My children will only be little for a few years.. chores will always need doing!
I think if as a family we could gain so much from getting away from it all more often! You know as a type this I am seeing how I just might talk to my hubby and put this into more of a challenge for our family. Who knows you might see more of this in the furture.
    I am realizing that in less then 5 years I could have a child leaving the house and that is a wake-up call! I know it is time to step up and make some changes that will affect out family for the better! Amazing how for me writing things down I beginning to see things that God has in store for my family! Yesterday marked 100 days in a row I have been blogging so today as I begin the second hundred I am thrilled to see all that is to come!
    God's blessings are Amazing and even in the little things I see His provision!

No comments: