Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday to Wonder

Wednesday is the day of the week I take time to wonder how much I have actually acccomplished and will I need to catch up! Especially in the school area! My teaching career has come to light this yr as a full-time job and I know you might say, " Career? you just teach you children?" To that I say what better students to have!
I often wonder, as I sure any teacher does, am I getting through to them? Then we have one of those "ah ha" moments or "wow really" moments! Funny thing is the more I teach the more of the moments we have!
Easy is all relative .. how easy do you make it for them to learn... are you teaching the subject their way... each child learns differently! I know without doubt I am still learning this! For example today I was teaching to the newly 8 yr old Grace and as simple as the problems were, the way they were laid out she was not getting it! I could feel myself getting frustrated because I know she new these simple answers! On paper it was NOT coming to her and I know I explained it several ways! Fianlly it hit me to pull out a visual aid such as groups of crayons and you could almost see the light come on in her head!
So often I blame myself or even the child, yeah I'm not perfect, and when I take time to step back and see how it is they learn!
Taking time to wonder often brings the answer to light in the area of teaching! I know now so much more than I ever have in my life and so I must remember that it is the same for my children! They will learn more and more every day!

Perfection is not reachable in this life and to me that is a good thing...it means I can only wonder how close I can come!

No comments: