Friday, June 3, 2011

Five Words Friday

Back to my favorite day to post... or at least one of them!

Rest ~ refreshing ease or inactivity after exertion or labor; to refresh oneself, as by sleeping,  lying down, or relaxing.

Psalm 16:7-9
7 I will bless the Lord, Who has given me counsel; yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons.

8 I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my glory [my inner self] rejoices; my body too shall rest and confidently dwell in safety,



 Peace ~ a. in a state or relationship of nonbelligerence or concord; not at war.

             b. untroubled; tranquil; content.

             c. deceased.

.Psalm 4:8

In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust.


Abundant ~ present in great quantity; more than adequate; oversufficient

Genesis 12:2
And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you [with abundant increase of favors] and make your name famous and distinguished, and you will be a blessing [dispensing good to others].




Lamentations 3:22-23
 It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness.

Worthyhaving adequate or great merit, character, or value: a worthy successor.


Proverbs 12:4
A virtuous and worthy wife [earnest and strong in character] is a crowning joy to her husband, but she who makes him ashamed is as rottenness in his bones. [Prov 31:23; I Cor 11:7 ]

Psalm 18:3
I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Awean overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, fear etc., produced by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful, or the like

Psalm 33:8

Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

No comments: