Wednesday, May 25, 2011

New Techniques for A New Season

As summer fills up with lots of Vacation Bible Schools it's time to put some new practices into place:) In general we are not a napping family but as my body ages i am needing more rest... thus i've decided to put into place a rest time! My littlest still takes a nap every afternooon anyway so why not make the lil ones lay down for an hr or so I say...

Tonight is church so I figured what a better day to start this than today... Baby Ruth went down at 1:30.. I called the next 2 in and said they could lay on my bed with me... they said YAY at first... Selah who is 6 took all of about ten min and she as out... (she sleeps good like her mommy)..Levi is 4 and after a hr of threats and pleads he finally gave in and went to sleep! As for my nap.. well it turns out I may get thirty min but it is better than nothing! Ruth will be up soon !

Tiem to get ready for church is fast approaching as well so.. I think I will learn to start this whole process an hr or so earlier next wed! LOL!

In reality with the Southern heat and VBS rushes we'll get used to the rest really quick and it will make for much happier kids for daddy @ Supper each night!

I am very thankful for wonderful kids! It is so easy to judge them on a day to day basis when I really should see overall how easy I have it as a mom! Truloy we are Blessed Beyond Measure!

No comments: