Saturday, May 21, 2011

Softening The Heart!

Some might classify me as brass or brutally honest.. even when it comes to my children I find it hard to cry over every little injury, I do see more than an average mom! I am very thankful that my children are exceptionally healthy and to see them grow is amazing me!

Recently I begin to ask God to soften my heart and I am not sure I knew what I was in for! Slowly I begin to see even the little things as "awe how sweet" or "oh sweetie let me kiss it" I know sappy right? Really it has been a wonderful experience for me!

Not only in areas of my children, add in that of my hubby and my friends too! I won't lie and say I cry at the drop of a hat now... I am just not that emotional always, though I do have my moments! I do however see the pain or the joy of my children and others in a new light!

Human I am and I forget all to often my pain is so minimal to that of others! I am currently nursing a broken lil toe and because I broke the second bone, not the top one, it has led me to feel it more that in past broke toes! God showed me last night that despite my pain I could be so much worse off and really this bad day is not all that bad!

So as God softens my heart ever so gently as always, I am begin to see that there is more to this life than the bumps and bruises of everyday! Though it is how we handle the little things that shapes the way we react to the Big Bumps and Bruises!

No comments: