Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dare to be Different!

Ever since I was very little I was always known as the "bossy"one ! I took it in stride and said I had a gift! Of course being a little bossy comes in handy with 7 children to manage... then there is the question just how much should you manage? Anyway... growing up I was always different...I hardly wore the styles.... Fact is I liked being different and what people thought did not bother me! I'd like to say I am still the same way now and for the most part I am... it really just is in the mind now! I am different...I am Tall, taller than dear hubby, I am "big boned" so there is a lot of me! I wear makeup... it is my choice, not a religious thing, mainly because I hate the work it takes to put on and take it off! So I am a what you see is what you get, kind of girl! If you don't like the way I look then turn away!
LOL I usually tell people I got my man so why improve on what he married! Don't get me wrong I take care of myself! I love to paint my nails and smell nice! Putting on the other stuff is just not who I am ! I am trying to install into my kids minds that I wil love them no matter what they look like or "even smell like", so should the ones they want to be around!

Daring to be Different in this world Today... means developing a tough skin! People walikng in the fleash say and do things that indeed hurt! You cannot control all that happens to you... you can control how you react to what happens to you!

Being a teen or even a child today is so much different than when I was a child/teen, yet still the values I grew up with apply even today!

Take a moment today and tell your blessing how much you love them and will stand by them even when they Dare to be Different!

No comments: